Incorporating bone broth into your diet
- Rich in protein, collagen and gelatin
- Beneficial for joints, bones, ligaments, tendons and cellular growth
- Supports the gut, immunity and helps maintain healthy skin
- Excellent as a nourishing drink or used in a multitude of recipes
nutrient gold mine
Necessary for the growth of muscles, tissues and new cells, protein fuels many of the biochemical activities of the body and helps with stamina, a healthy weight, strong immunity and balanced hormones.
Collagen acts as the “glue” that holds everything together. Making up approximately 30% of the protein in our bodies, it is the main component of connective tissue - cartilage, ligaments, tendons, bone and skin.
Adequate levels of collagen start to diminish at age 20, making it important to sustain a healthy level. Collagen also helps maintain healthy skin. As one ages the outer layer of the skin thins, looses elasticity and more wrinkles appear. Collagen helps form elastin and other compounds responsible for maintaining youthful texture, moisture and appearance.
The gelatin in bone broth helps restore the strength of your digestive tract and fights food sensitivities by assisting the growth of good bacteria and supporting healthy inflammation levels in the gut. Bone broth is easily digested so it is soothing to the digestive tract.
Gelatin also benefits the muscular skeletal system by acting like a soft cushion between bones that helps them glide without friction.
Additional benefits include:
- Strengthens the immune system
- Fights systemic inflammation
- Restores digestive health
- Heart friendly
- Boosts muscle and athletic performance
- Beneficial for mood and sleep
- Brain health
- Fights the cold and flu
how to incorporate into your diet
Bone broth can be enjoyed as a hot nourishing beverage or can be added to a multitude of dishes.
If you are ambitious enough to make it on your way, click on this link for a great recipe!